4.16.2010

Volcanic Ash Over Chicago?

So I’m going to Florida with Dave, Laura & Joe next week to escape a multitude of things (clients, taxes, law books, the funky smell seeping into my apartment from my neighbors) and for some reason we’re all acting like we forgot what the sun looks like. I felt something strange, yet familiar, yesterday when I stepped outside after work, but not sure it was warmth. Perhaps some of that volcanic ash traversed across the Atlantic and hovered above Chicago for 36 hours. If global warming will have a similar effect on Chicago-area weather, then sign me up. Maybe I’ll visit my local Hummer dealership on my lunch break. That whole warm thing is already gone, which makes me think it wasn’t the sun, and now it’s all cold and windy again. But alas, come Wednesday night, I’ll be submersed in 80 degree weather, numb by a 24 hour mimosa-educed buzz, and walking/stumbling along the Sarasota shoreline collecting shells like a 5 year old. Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment