5.27.2010

Walk-Commute Lane Cutters


Yes I know, I'm completely slacking on my bloggess duties.  This whole work thing is really getting in the way of my social media interactions.
Anyway, I don't know about you, but the next person who cuts me off while I'm in the middle of my work commute walk better watch out.  If you're a walk-commuter or simply someone who just enjoys a brisk walking pace, you know what I'm talking about.  You hop in the elevator, effortlessly toss on your sunglasses, throw in your ear buds, secure your gym bag under one arm and regular handbag/miscellaneous food item bag under the other and BAM! you're out your front door.  Soon you're in the middle of what most would consider a flat-footed run, just cruising along in the express lane down the sidewalk en route to work.  When all of the sudden, you're stopped dead in your tracks by someone leaving a Starbucks sipping their coffee/stopping outside their apartment door to talk a breath of fresh morning air/simply someone who walks at a glacial pace.  They cut right into your walk-commute express lane without even realizing it.  Your rhythmic walk-commute is completely discombobulated!  Now you're bobbing and weaving trying to get in front of the guy who's walk-smoking but you're blocked by the lane cutter.  WTF do you do?  I generally kick it into turbo-walk and go for the in-street pass and some sort of eye roll.  Do these people who walk out of their buildings not stop and look both ways before entering the sidewalk express lane? Shouldn't the same rules and etiquette apply to walking lanes as they do on highways?  Don't even get me started on those bikers-commuters...

No comments:

Post a Comment