6.07.2010

R-O-C-K on the CTA

So I rode the CTA bus today for the first time...ever.  It's not like I never wanted to take the bus, the situation  just never presented itself.  #1 lesson learned in my first bus experience: the rush hour crowd vastly differs from the off-peak mutants riders.
Saltines Kristin and Maggie rode up to Lincoln and Webster with me to make an appearance at a client event. En route up to Lincoln Park around 5pm, the bus was filled with savvy attired commuters. On the ride home, however, I stood amongst a different crowd, highlighted by an older gentleman who not only wreaked of booze but was also speaking to himself in some sort of alien-esque dialect. I'm going to have to force myself to take the bus every once and awhile when I migrate to the West Loop in Fall and to be honest, I'm a little concerned.  Translation: I'm going to need a vat of hand-sanitizer...

No comments:

Post a Comment