8.05.2010

Tipping Point: American Fashion

My lease is up in September so instead of moving all my stuff in one giant/stressful move I've started to slowly relocate my belongings into Dave's condo, bit by bit. I started with the wine rack and glasses, followed by some winter coats and boots.  Although I'm trying to make this process as painless for him as possible, I knew the day would come when he would stop and say, "Wait...THAT'S coming in here?"  Last night the tipping point was my American Fashion coffee table book.  I began to bring a few decorative pieces into the condo: some candles, books, white spined magazines, etc., all of which he was fine with (or just hasn't noticed yet), but there must be something overtly feminine about this particular book that frightens him. We were sitting on the couch watching SVU (standard) when he looked over to the wine rack and saw "American Fashion" in big black letters along the spine of my favorite coffee table took and replied with, "Woah woah woah...American Fashion??? Where did THAT come from???" I believe he thinks all of my girly belongings will be confined to the second bedroom where he doesn't have to see any of it on a daily basis.  Hmmm, maybe I'll bring my framed Chanel MET print over tomorrow; perfect for the foyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment