2.22.2010

If There Was a Bucket: Part III

If there was a bucket of things that annoyed me, microwaves with remaining time blinking would be in that bucket. Is it really so hard to push “clear” when you take out your mac n cheese, lean cuisine, or whatever you’re zapping prior to the initial time set? Microwaves are an imperative time-keeping device in most American kitchens. When you neglect to push clear and remaining time is just sitting there, blinking, mocking you, you’re losing some of the value of having a microwave in the first place. I’m going to go out on a limb here, and say that 25% of the value of a microwave is the clock function. Yea I said it. 25%. 74% of the remaining value is in the actual cooking function and 1% is based on entertainment value (i.e. blowing up a parakeet…nice work Mr. Alvarez).

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! That drives me nuts too!! I always clear it when I walk by.

    ReplyDelete