3.29.2010

Hibernation: Part II

I’m making a stand against hibernation today. It’s going to be lovely in Chicago the rest of the week (we're talking sunny and almost 70) and we have to absorb of every bit of vitamin D we can. This past weekend, Dave and I spent the whole 2nd half of Sunday in a Southport Grocery-brunch-educed-coma after a few brief trips to West Elm, Crate & Barrel, etc, and could only muster up the strength to order Beer Bistro take out and watch the whole first disc of Mad Men season III. Well guess what late fall/winter/early spring hibernation??? It’s on! I’m launching a full scale attack against your seductive powers of laziness. The pic below is of Dave in my favorite hat (swim cap?) with my favorite headphones (he stole them from 1999 high school track meet Anna), but the jist of the pic well-represents the full-fledged, balls to the wall revolt against hibernation. Now all we need is some ammo… (warmth?)

1 comment:

  1. So I say we revolt by going to happy hour one of these nights? Are rooftops open yet? If so, I'm going to make a stand and it's going to be with a marg in hand :) Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete